Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thoughts at 3 a.m.

There's a lot I want to say, but it's a quarter to 3 in the a.m., I just got home 10 minutes ago, and I still have stuff to write up for work (which starts in 7 hours). In the past week, I've gotten fired, gotten paid, gotten fed up and gotten laid... and it all keeps happening. The rhyming parts: yeah, they're great. But damnit. I wanna just watch the wheel keep on spinning so that I can write down what happens. This whole living thing - this "life is not a spectator sport" thing - this grab the bull by the horns yada yada - insert cliched platitude here - - - it's all running me down. There's so much for me to catch up with.

Money, friendship, work, family - it's all great and it all needs work, and I have a feeling that's just what life is. Ya know that thing you sentimentalized in high school? All those questions about "what are you gonna be when you grow up"? The fantasy of what adult life would be like?

That's here. That's now. There's no time to waste, to procrastinate, to hold off on. This right here is what it's about and you only get one chance to make it right.

And that's wonderful and awful all at the same time...