Monday, September 15, 2008

So this is what it feels like to be successful!

For the first time ever, things are really going my way. I'm making good money, working at jobs that I *love* with people I *adore*, and fully aware of what's coming up next.

Life gets more interesting and fulfilling with each passing minute, and I'm not wasting any time. This is productivity at its finest.

This here quarter-life crisis is passing me by. And. It. Feels. So. Good.

Off the top of my head, 15 things that are going on with me:

1) I'm hooking up my friend, Sasha, who's intense and has a very *ahem* colorful past, with a friend of Rob's brother, Ryan, who's got PTSD and is a retired Army Sgt.

2) Two of my closest friends and best writer-buddies have asked me to start a website with them. It's called "The Musing Broads" and will offer advice on everything from health and dating, to career and house-hunting.

3) Ryan (from #1) has finished a book, and I'm helping him shop it around to independent publishers and literary agents. Makes me kinda think I belong in publishing. But then I remember how much I loathe being tied down by a set schedule, and I very much love my freelance lifestyle.

4) As a big-tittied Asian woman, I'm hauling in lots of cash as a dominatrix. Unfortunately, it's all getting sucked into the black hole that is my debt. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to save some. Soon is the operative word. Only problem is, what with it being an election year and the dungeon having been out-of-business for a month, the clients are few and far between.

5) My own writing is going really well. That is, when I find the time to write.

6) Two things I'm buying asap: a cell phone and a laptop. Rob and I have been sharing his cell phone - "Love, don't worry about spending money on a phone bill. Just use my phone. I hardly use it anyway." - since I moved in with him. But the bill hasn't gotten paid and I need a cell phone in order to keep freelancing at all my jobs. And, technically, I have a laptop - only it's riddled with viruses and really bulky. I need one that I can take everywhere with me.

7) I've filled out the paperwork so that I can be re-admitted to school in the Spring. The way things are going, I'll only have time to take two classes, but cest la vie. I need to make some money, and that degree ain't goin' nowhere.

8) Right up there, on my list of things to do, alongside "Buy a cell phone", "Buy a laptop", "Go back to school", and "Make money", is "Get My Own Place." Things fell through with Asia and she's attempted to hook me up with another viable roommate option, but I'm not feelin' the idea of looking for a place when I don't have the steady income flow. Once the money gets good and steady, I'll be outta Rob's place quicker than you can bat a lash.

9) I love Rob and things are overall going aiight with him. Only... I... Just... Don't... Wanna... Be... Tied... Down. [Right now.]

Yeah.

There.

I said it.

10) I went to my cousin's fabulous lesbian wedding last weekend, and I'm going to California next weekend to attend another cousin's fabulous straight wedding. Plus, I'm making plans to spend some time in Miami this January. Look at me, all jet-setting!

11) My little brother is leaving for the Philippines this Sunday. My folks have already warned him: Once he's gone, he ain't comin' back till he's earned his degree. I'm gonna miss the little booger, but I know that this is what's best for him.

12) I've signed up for therapy at a really reputable place. It's so reputable, in fact, that there's a waiting list. *sigh* I'm hoping that they don't call me back while I don't have a phone; it would suck if I lost my place in line.

13) Rob's thisclose to securing a job as a barback. I'm really hoping that he'll get it, but at the same time I don't wanna get disappointed. The thing is, our main argument is that I feel I'm running around being productive while his ass is coasting on his parents' coattails. I don't want a house-husband.

14) I caught wind of a baby that might need rescuing. Her parents are teenage drug addicts who are supposedly too stupid and lazy to stand on line for WIC checks. Don't worry. I'm gonna do something about it. And, no, I'm not adopting her.

15) Despite the fact that I'm making good money, I'm still looking for a more steady part-time gig. Something with reliable hours/money would be great. I mean, yeah, I love having the flexibility to make my own schedule, but that depends on too many variables, and I need a job where I get paid for basically sitting around for a set amount of time.


Overall, I gotta say: I feel good. Really, really good.

3 comments:

dejanae said...

congrats on the flow of positive


freelance writer/blogger/big busted dominatrix/matcmaker extraordinaire

interesting

i thought u were back in school already
i dont head back til next semester also
whats your major?

haha@not adoption
u read my mind

OUR VAGINAS ARE HAVING A QUARTER-LIFE CRISIS. said...

this made me feel so good to read this

Maria said...

thank you thank you thank you thank you.

both of you.

<3