Thursday, August 28, 2008

I have so much to say.

So. Right now, at this very moment, I'm sitting on campus, in the Women's Center, attempting to send out my resume to day jobs. Sitting right across from me *fanning myself* is Asia, aka the awesome woman who I might move in with. My boss lady, Mei, happened to mention to her that I'm looking to find my own place, and she happens to be in the position of being thisclose to throwing out her roommate. Asia and I haven't seen each other since this time last year, when we were at a mutual friend's birthday barbecue, and we just happened to run into each other here.

Now, I've had my reservations about finding a roommate. Thankfully, I've only ever had a roommate once in my life, and that was for a very short period. But I've heard many many horror stories about having to share a living space with someone, and I've been apprehensive.

The thing is, Asia's beyond cool. Really and truly, she is. And we seem to vibe really well. And I'm really really really hoping that her current roommate can't make the rent, so that I get to move in on October 1st, aka my birthday, aka the same day that I started working for Penguin last year. *fingers crossed* Here's hoping.

But before I can even fathom moving in with Asia, I have to make money. Real money. And that's something that just isn't happening right now. *sigh*

I was supposed to go to another dom training today, but seriously, I'm just really frustrated with the job. Protocol dictates that I must sit in on three days' worth of sessions before I can go on my own, and I don't get paid for them. Not really, at least. It depends on the situation - whether the guy tips the main dom, whether the main dom gives me a share of her tip, whether the guy insists that I be there... There are just too many fucking variables! In the meantime, I'm in a room full of women, and forced to be a social fucking butterfly.

Now, like I've said before, I'm all about the socializing. But lately, what with my working my tail off to train for jobs that are supposed to earn me the quick/big bucks, I'd rather just chill with a magazine and be left the hell alone. This doesn't work too well in an environment like the Dungeon. Some girls are catty, a few of them are divas, and ALL of them are trying to find an angle on you. I chose to defer to the role of "sweet, kinda-ditzy girl who just happens to be hella assertive." It's way less confrontational than vying for the position of top bitch, and fo real, I don't need the extra work. I just wanna do my job and do it well, and from the looks on the girls' faces after they saw me in action, I'm doing a good job.

Which brings me to the subject of work, in general. I've been toying with the idea of starting another blog, one that is all about my work experiences. I have limited "internet access + privacy" these days, and thus the limited blogging - because, chile, lemme tell you: I have soooo much to say about my work experiences. Like, how the first couple of clients that I had at the Dungeon were sooo hot, and I could see why girls are tempted to turn tricks. And how I gave my first breast and pelvic exams with Mei's consulting firm - I got to stick a finger into a woman's rectum while sticking another finger in her vagina, and people watched! And the bitch 2nd year resident at Nassau Medical Center with a superiority complex - I think her name was Cindy Henri; I hope she honestly learned something from the workshops we ran. And the way that Mei is grooming me to possibly take over the consulting firm when she retires.

So much to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i love new york

Annamarya Scaccia said...

a load of yays for you!