Sunday, August 17, 2008

A short post on my newfound contentment.



Ladies and gentlemen, the tough times are behind me. At least, for now. *enter applause*

In the two months since I left my folks' place, I've had a medical scare (turns out I'm allergic to insect bites, and I had to get them checked out), a pregnancy scare, tons of sadness (brought on by my utter disappointment in my folks), money woes (EXTREME money woes), drama with friends, frustrations with Rob, and general feelings of blah.

And now... Well, almost all of my issues are resolved.

It's strange, this whole coming of age thing. There isn't any formula, and it's certainly not an exact science. If you asked me to pinpoint the exact moment when things turned around, I'd be hard-pressed. But here we are a short while after one of the toughest weeks of my life, and all of a sudden I'm doing fine. Better than fine. Good, even.

I found work that I don't hate; I took myself to a clinic so that my bites could get checked out; I took an early pregnancy test (negative! Yay!); I got the ball rolling on going back to school; I started exercising; I've made it a point to hang out and talk with my mom and brother as much as possible; and I've begun to build relationships with my extended family. There is no single thing that can take credit for the weight being lifted off my shoulders; it was really everything. But, mostly, it was this: I proved to myself that I can handle everything life has to throw at me, and I can do it on my own.

NOTE: A more elaborate post, about my new line of work, whatever happened to domming,the frustrations of dating a man-child, etc., will be up soon. ;-P

4 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

Glad to hear it. :)

dejanae said...

glad things are lookin up
*waiting on the elaboration*

Annamarya Scaccia said...

I'm so glad everything rocks for you! Ima email you on MySpace in a few. Also, when is your cute little ass coming to Philly?

Maria said...

IM - thanks for the love! You rock so hard. *hugs*

D - Be careful what you ask for! LOL It's gonna be a doozy!

Anna - I soooo have to visit you soon! We'll talk and figure things out :)