Thursday, June 26, 2008

Drum roll, please...

Just opened my mail from the past week and a half- What?! All I have to look forward to are BILLS anyway... As if my mortgage wasn't already draining the crap outta my pocketbook...

Anyway, I saw my pile of unopened mail and immediately noticed amongst the bills a SASE. A couple of my writer-friends are now laughing their asses off as they read this, going, "Here we go with the submission-speak..." [NOTE: I can talk AD NAUSEUM about the writing/publishing process since I've worked in the creative end, the teaching end, and the publishing/business end. It's highly pretentious.]

But seriously: I see the SASE - self-addressed stamped envelope - and remember that a month or so ago, I submitted a short story to a semi-well known and very alternative/eccentric lit zine out on the west coast. And *trumpets blaring* MY STORY'S GONNA RUN IN THEIR PRINTED EDITION THIS FALL!

That's right, blogworld! After *counting on fingers* FIVE YEARS of not having been published- Wait. I was published two years ago, but that doesn't really count because I was one of the editors of the zine, right?

Anyway, it's been a loooong time. If I wasn't afraid that one of my students and/or employers would find this blog, I'd definitely plug my writing SHAMELESSLY. For now, I'll just say that the title of the story is "Plucking My Boyfriend." If you somehow glean any insight of Me from that, then congratulations, you're a CIA agent.

3 comments:

OUR VAGINAS ARE HAVING A QUARTER-LIFE CRISIS. said...

IVE SENT YOU A PROFANE ASS TEXT BUT CONGRATUMAFKCNINGLATIONS HO

Maria said...

muchas gracias, senorita! LOL

dejanae said...

congrats chick
do i even wanna know what the story is about?lol
where was the pluckin taking place?